Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Third Week Of October In the Backyard

Just when you think there isn't anything new in the garden to photograph, a tiny little forgotten plant surprises you.


Remember how I said that Japanese Anemones prefer some sun to perform well?
Well, this is what happens when they're in full shade.


He's only about 10" tall, but blooming in spite of it.
It's growing up out of the pea gravel path.
It must be one that I moved several years ago, prior to the path being there, and didn't get all the roots.
So stinkin' cute.








Gah, I just love them.
Speaking of love, check out the colors on the blue hydrangea flowers now.



The Peegee flowers have turned, as well.




I feel like I've stuck a photo of this fuchsia in every backyard post, but it just keeps going and going.



Here's another one that's still goin'.


The 'Sunset' Clematis threw out a few random flowers.


The hops bloomed solid.
I've had bouquets of it in the house all month.






My potted Bald Cypress is gettin' ready to get naked.
The colors are so pretty.





A pretty rose bloom.




Begonia.




Honeysuckle.




And last, an end of summer, clearance rack Penstemon called 'Polaris Purple.'







Shameless plug alert:  
Just a little reminder that you can purchase my floral photographs in my Etsy shop.
If you see one in a post that isn't in the shop, shoot me an email and I'd be more than happy to list it for ya.
The Dad will thank you for helping to support my plant addiction.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RindyMae

Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


4 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking gorgeous!! Love that hops, hydrangea and cypress especially....just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it isn't lookin' very gorgeous anymore. Anthing that was even remotely decent looking was done in by all the rain. I'm ready for the frost. :)

      Delete
  2. Are you going to cut and dry your hydrangeas and hops? They're absolutely gorgeous. Even though I'm not a huge fan of fall I love that some plants refuse to give up, even ones growing in the pea gravel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, my sweet little Mindy friend...you have such a green thumb and are one of the best gardeners in Blogland...your flowers are just beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover