Monday, May 12, 2014

Raindrops

I couldn't resist.  I had to take pictures.  A lot of pictures.

It had just poured down rain and was that perfect color outside. If you garden, you know the one.  When the leaves are glowing. And everything appears to be back lit.  And you can't see any of the things you normally see that are wrong, or that need to be done. Not a single thing from the to-do list is visible in the garden, because the lighting is perfection. And if you're an amateur with a camera, you cross your fingers that you can make it see what your eyes are seeing.  And you hit the button.


Variegated Willow.








Barberry.



Clematis.








Rain chain.



White Sail.



Lady's Mantel.











Hosta.




'Knock Out' Tree Rose.







Solomon's Seal.











'Nelly Moser' Clematis.




A new baby I got for my mom for Mother's Day.
Globe Flower 'New Moon', Trollius x cultorum









I got my sister a Hardy Gloxinia.





Saxafraga and more Lady's Mantel.









'Gold Heart' Bleeding Heart.












Our whole house, except me, was down for the count last week with that 24-hour flu.
And then they all, myself included, caught colds.
Baby's body apparently decided it wasn't quite done with the flu yet, so she got sick again on Thursday, and was a total puke fest all weekend for birthday and Mother's Day festivities.
She literally threw up on a plate during dinner at my nieces birthday party.
Awesome.
At one point, she was kneeling on the floor in front of the toilet, her tiny little arms holding on to the sides of the bowl, her head turned to the side, with her cheek resting on the seat, eyes closed, just wretching.
It was AWFUL.
I managed to stay healthy through it all, until today.
Nothing too major at this point, I just don't feel quite right, and spent the entire day on the couch.
I tried to head out at one point to work in the yard, but my body had other plans.
Back to the couch I went.
I suppose the good thing about still having a sick kid is, she blessed me by taking a 3-hour nap this afternoon.
And now, the whole fam is at my sister's house eating birthday party leftovers for dinner.
So this is me, heading back to the quiet couch.....


Shameless plug alert:  
Just a little reminder that you can purchase my floral photographs in my Etsy shop.
If you see one in a post that isn't in the shop, shoot me an email and I'll list it for ya.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RindyMae

Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs Mindy! Everything looks so fresh. I love the willow. That is one of my favorites. I hope you and your family feel better soon!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better friend! Your poor little sweetie...that is just awful.....it has been ridiculous here too. I just can not wrap my head around getting hit with the flu this far into spring...it is just bizarre. And everyone I have talked to or seen has come down with this darn thing. You take care of you. And yes! I know exactly what you are talking about with the lighting after the rains! It is magic just like the shots you captured! So beautiful pal! Just so beautiful! Get well! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks to be you, Mindy. No, seriously, I hope you feel better. Puking is the worst - I hope your baby is better today. Your photography captured the raindrops on your beautiful plants perfectly. Your Nelly Moser clematis is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden has a lot of diversity. Love all these varieties of plants and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, so lush and green. Love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that rain on Monday? Sunday? How quickly I forget when at present it's 90 freaking degrees. Beautiful shots. I'm going to remember these.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover