Friday, March 14, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Ideas

I've never been a huge celebrator of St. Patrick's Day, but once you have kids, you kinda have to do something to acknowledge the day.  This is a round up of ideas that are easy to pull off for a Monday holiday.



You can click the title for the original post, but basically, if you have a stocked fridge, this is an easy one to pull off.

Here are another couple lunch ideas for the kiddos.
One for home and one for school.



In the sweet treat department, these are delicious any day of the week, but since they're green on the inside, it give you an excuse to make a batch.



I haven't made these for a really long time, but the kids thought they were awesome.
Just mix up a batch of yellow or white cake, divide it into separate bowls, add your food coloring, and layer it into a lined muffin tin.
I might have to make these happen on Sunday.



You can do the same thing to make a rainbow cake.  
Full instructions are in the post.


Last year, I made corned beef and cabbage for the first time and it was beyond delicious.
The second night dinner over egg noodles was super yummy, too.


It's all about the horseradish.


This year, I think I'll do the same dinner, but I'm goin' for the Irish Soda Bread this time around.
This recipe sounds delicious.  This one is a little more basic, but sounds good, too.

I made Guinness Beef Stew for the first time last year, as well, but I never posted a recipe.
It was really, really, good, so if you've ever considered trying it, go for it, GI Joe.

My St. Patrick's Day Pinterest board has a few more fun ideas on it, if you're lookin' for more inspiration.

Happy Friday, have a great weekend!


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



1 comment:

  1. I needed this post! I have to make some grub on Monday and was just about to call my mom about her corn beef and cabbage!! Yours looks amazing...pinning!! And all of your kid dishes are ADORABLE!!!! What a collection you have!! Hope the weekend ahead is a good one!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover