Thursday, September 12, 2013

Damn Good Asian-Style Marinade

I have a zillion Asian-style marinade recipes that I make and love, but this one probably gets whipped up the most at my house.  It's easy, doesn't have a mile-long list of ingredients, (like they sometimes do), you can get everything at a regular grocery store, and it's delicious on anything.  This last time, I marinated some chicken breasts, but it's seriously good on any kind of meat.  Flank steak is all kinds of delicious.


Here's the recipe with my notes:

Damn Good Asian-Style Marinade
Printable Recipe

1/2 C veggie oil
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 C soy sauce (I usually use the reduced-sodium one)
1/4 C packed brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1-inch piece ginger, grated
1/4 C fresh lime juice (about 2 medium limes)
2 pounds of meat (chicken, steak and pork are all delicious)

Depending on how many dishes you want to wash, you can throw everything in the food processor or blender to combine.  I'm usually too lazy for that, so I just mix it all up with a whisk.

Put your meat in a dish or ziplock bag and cover with marinade. Marinate overnight.  (I've been known to decide to make this in the afternoon, so if you're doin' the last minute thing, try to marinate it for at least an hour.)

When you're ready to eat, fire up the grill, remove the meat from the marinade, and cook it till it's done.  Obviously, the amount of time will depend on the meat you went with.

Sit back and prepare to make yummy noises.

We had ours with steamed rice, corn on the cob, and cucumber chips.  And homemade sweet chili sauce that I made with green jalapenos this last time.  Good stuff.


Here's dinner on my plate:







So easy.
So good.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my damn! one would think that I'd learn my lesson and come by your blog AFTER I have eaten.
    This looks amazing! and since I've been in Brazil my husband has been eating junk so I promised to cook home made meals for him and this is deff going on my to-do list!!!

    Missed your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does look yummy,..and super versatile. Awesome share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing friend!!! I wonder if there is a way to substitute the sesame?? G is allergic to sesame....I think that it's worth a shot!!! I bet the ginger adds such a rich flavor!!! Hope that you have an outstanding week!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover