Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Dinner


I made my first ever Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner.  Aren't you proud of me? 


I cheated a little.  I bought the meat pre-brined.  It was really good, though.  My plan was to attempt soda bread to go with it.  But then we took on a bathroom project this weekend, so it was sliced whole wheat sandwich bread with butter instead. 

There's a ton leftover, so I think I'll cut everything up into bite-sized pieces, add some egg noodles, and call it soup tomorrow night.  Gotta love leftovers.

I put carrots, onions, cabbage, and red potatoes in with the meat during the last half hour of cooking. 







Three and a half hours and a dollop of horseradish later, here's dinner on my plate:









Happy St. Patrick's Day!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Happy St. Patty's Day to you and your fam! What a great idea to make the leftovers into soup! I bet it will taste outstanding! Happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good to me and your meal looks wonderful. I think that will make a great soup, too. Hope you had a wonderful day- bathroom project and all-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you all festive-like! I forgot to wear green...that's how "with" St. Patrick's Day I was this year. The meal looks delicious, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True story - I read this last night and bought a corned beef roast today. I must have this almost immediately. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover