Sunday, March 3, 2013

Crunchy Oven Tacos


Oh man, these were tasty little suckers.  This is another one I came across on Pinterest.  It was mentioned in the original post that some people were having an issue with them coming out soggy.  Ours weren't at all and I even stuffed 'em ahead of time.



I didn't use her exact recipe, and instead just made taco filling like I normally would.  Then I followed her method for the baking.  Here's a link to the recipe:  Oven Tacos

So stinkin' good.  They'd definitely be fun to do up a bunch for a taco bar party.

Here's what I used:

Crunchy Oven Tacos
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 can refried beans
2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
1/4 C water
3 Tbsp tomato paste (I used the concentrated stuff in the tube) 
Shredded cheese (I used cheddar and pepper jack,)
18 hard taco shells (I used the flat on the bottom kind)
Taco toppin's:  shredded lettuce, tomato, avocado, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce, lime wedges

Directions:

Brown your meat until no longer pink in the middle.  Drain.  
Stir in beans, taco seasoning, water, and tomato paste; stir to combine.  
Let simmer until it has thickened up a bit, about five minutes.



Place your shells in a baking dish big enough to hold them all.  
If you use the flat-bottomed shells, you may need two.



Fill with a couple tablespoons of the meat and bean mixture.  
Sprinkle cheese on top.




Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.




Serve with all the yummy toppings.

Here's dinner on my plate:




So flippin' good.
I ate four.
Then we reheated the leftovers for lunch the next day and they were just as good.
Not soggy at all.
Now go eat some tacos!

To see all the Pinterest recipes I've tried, click here: 
Pinterest Recipes I've Tried

Check out my sidebar for the places I link up.

4 comments:

  1. What did we ever do before pinterest? Ha ha ha. But you are such a better person than I. I just collect all of those yummy sounding recipes. You on the other hand, actually make them and serve then to your family! Kudos. They look just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGOSH...these look AWESOME, girl. I can't wait to give them a try. I love the idea of doing it in the oven. yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I could eat these everyday - we're having fish tacos tonight - yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover