Monday, September 24, 2012

Roasted Pork With Orange-Blackberry Sauce


This is another one from the vault.  I've made it several times and it's super yummy.

If you don't have blackberry preserves, you can use whatever jelly or jam you have on hand.  I used strawberry this time, but I've also used raspberry and apricot.



Here's the recipe (originally from an unknown magazine) with my notes:

Roasted Pork With Orange-Blackberry Sauce

1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin (any lean pork roast will do)
1/4 C blackberry preserves, melted and cooled (I skip the melting part)
1/4  C dry white wine or apple juice
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp finely shredded orange peel (I use a microplane to zest it)
1/2 tsp snipped fresh rosemary
Finely shredded orange peel for garnish, if desired


Place tenderloin in a resealable bag.
For marinade, whisk together preserves, wine, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, garlic, soy sauce, orange peel, and rosemary.
Pour marinade over pork; seal bag.
Marinate in the fridge 2 to 5 hours, turning occasionally.

Preheat oven to 425.
Drain pork, reserving marinade.
Place meat on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
I don't have a rack for my small roaster, so I put the roast on a cooling rack, set on top of a cookie sheet, covered in foil.
Roast 35 to 45 minutes or until slightly pink in center.
I use an oven-safe meat thermometer, 'cause roasts are hard to gauge for me.
Mine took the full 45 minutes to reach 155 degrees.


Meanwhile, for sauce, in small saucepan bring reserved marinade to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Slice pork and serve with sauce.




The sauce is like gravy, so you wanna have something to soak up all that goodness.
Like mashed potatoes.
Or wild rice would be good.
We had ours with mashed cauliflower this time around.
So good.
The Kid ate his weight in it again.
I also made a spinach salad with apples, candied walnuts and shaved gruyere.
It's really good with green beans, too.
Yummy dinner.
Look, Ma, no carbs!

Here's mine on my plate:









2 comments:

  1. i will admit that this Looks good.. even though you may know how I feel about Pig. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, my hubby would love this one! I will have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover