Friday, September 21, 2012

Put A Stick In It: A Kid Lunch


This week, Friday came just in time.  I'm beat.

For The Kid's school lunch today, I put sandwich fixin's on skewers, with some honey mustard dressing for dippin'.  Easy enough.  I used bread, tomato, salami, cheddar, string cheese and cucumbers.

I also put some apples, plums and graham crackers in with a new dip I discovered on Pinterest.  Two ingredients and it tastes like heaven.  Really, I made it on Wednesday and what I put it in his lunch was the end of it.  Really, really good.  Both kids inhaled it.  I plan on keeping a batch in the fridge at all times for myself after school snacks.


Here's The Kid's lunch:










The Girl wanted leftovers.  Who am I to argue?!  We had the Gingery Pork and Cucumber Pitas last night, only I didn't have pita bread, so we used lettuce leaves instead.  Good stuff.  And super easy recipe.

Here's The Girl's, not-all-that-fun Friday lunch:






I need a nap.
And some more of that fruit dip.
Have a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What was the two ingredient dip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am definitely trying that dip now. Love the skewer idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow looks delish!!! i just had brunch myself! :) lovely pics will have to try your recipes! newest follower, popped over from an oregon cottage! hugs kat =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute - little shish kabobs! Your creativity in lunch-time creations is crazy cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So going to make a kabob lunch for my kiddo! I have been struggling with a cold lunch rut, thanks for sharing the idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea! I think Tristen would like these..

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover