Sunday, July 15, 2012

Brie Stuffed Apricots With Honey & Pistachios + Saturday Supper With The Fam

My sister's family came over yesterday to help eat the oysters and clams my parents brought us from Puget Sound.  We pooled our resources and put together a dinner.

She brought over a hunk of brie and I whipped up this quick appetizer. 



Cut your apricots in half.  I had some little ones from the farmer's market.  Put a hunk of brie in the middle, drizzle some honey over them, then sprinkle them with chopped pistachios.

Heaven in my mouth people.  Heaven in my mouth.


Here they are on the platter, in all their glory:







Sorry, I couldn't stop taking pictures of them.

The kids and the dads tore up the grilled oysters while the moms drank wine.




My sister put together a delicious salad with mixed greens, blueberries, nectarines, goat cheese and candied walnuts.


We had penne pasta with cherry tomatoes and feta.
The sauce was olive oil, butter, garlic and a splash of white wine.
One of the easiest and best pastas ever.
It would have had basil in it if I had remembered to pick some.


For the clams, I sauteed up a ton of garlic in olive oil, then dumped in the leftover sauce from our ravioli the night before.
I added the clams, threw a lid on it, and my BIL was chief stirrer until they were done.



Add a loaf of warm, crusty  bread and a bottle of wine and dinner is served.




I better throw in some cute baby pics for good measure.








Enjoy your Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. oh yum!! your pictures are fabulous! The apricots will impress anyone...thank you for this recipe! i can tell by the ingredients and flavors how delicious it is...i will try it! thanks you!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! What an easy appetizer! It looks delicious and so does the entire dinner. Love the pasta recipe...sounds super easy. And a meal is never complete without wine! Lovely garden photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apps look amazing! And those little toes so sweet… Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum all the way around. Well maybe not the oysters,...not sure I like those, lol. But the rest,....including the cute baby pictures - fabulous Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mindy: Wonderful food for an outdoor party. I am still on the lookout for apricots at the local farmers' market--they are getting them in sporadically, but I hope to get some this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg. you had me at pistachio.

    hope you have a moment to drop by and do check out my giveaway on the sidebar.

    smiles.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover