Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day To Me!

The boys completely outdid themselves.  Which means they're screwed from here on out.  They're officially in charge of Mother's Day from now on.

But let me start at the beginning.  All three of my children slept in.  All three of them!!!  That never happens.  I had two cups of coffee in complete silence.

Then my son gave me this:


With a note that said, Dear Mom, You rock.  Love, Carter.
I totally cried.

My mom and I were given instructions to meet at my sister's house at 9:00am.
When we arrived, we were greeted with warm croissants with butter and strawberry jam.
And mimosas.

After chit-chatting a bit, we were given a box to open.
It had a piece of paper in it with an address and the time 9:45.
We hopped in the car and headed out.

The address led us to a massage place.
The three of us each got a one hour massage.
Aaaaaahhhhh.
It was only the second time I've had one and it was heaven.

When we got back to the house, we had these waiting for us.


Oh sweet Bloody Mary, how I love thee.
While we sipped our cocktails, the kids were served quesadillas and strawberries.





Then we opened presents from each other.
My sister got me this.



Too bad I don't like birds, huh?
She also got me this.


I've never grown them before, so I'm pretty excited.

My mom made each of us a jewelry tree and the bracelets were hanging on it.




After gifts, the bread boards starting emerging from the kitchen.






Then, this was poured.


Are ya feelin' the love?
It was delicious.  
All of it.
But wait, there's more.
They took it up another notch.
(I think they were looking ahead to Father's Day in their planning)
 They made BLTA's with basil-garlic mayo.
Oh yes they did.




 And just when you think it's over.
How 'bout we throw in some strawberry shortcake to sweeten the deal?


 Right?!
Six thumbs up boys.
To quote The Kid, You rock.
 

6 comments:

  1. Holy crap. That is one fabulous day from start to finish. Wow. I want to live like that every day. Pleeeeease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! They did spoil you - they could have stopped at croissants and mimosas and I would have been happy. What a (well-deserved) treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Mother's Day! Love the whole scavenger hunt idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygosh, how FANTASTIC! That Rock... how precious. How clever! Did teacher do that, or dad? And the Girl in her dress and pearls?? I die. Did you make that dress? If you did, I want one! :D srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - they did an amazing job for you guys...better start planning for Father's Day...I got a massage gift card, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy mothers day! (late!). Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover