Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hot Roast Beef Sammies

So, ya know how I said one of my favorite parts of cooking a roast is the hot sammies with the leftovers?  Well, that's what I got last night.  Oh my gosh, so good.  I thickened up the sauce from the Horseradish Pot Roast on the stove to make gravy.  I buttered the insides of whole wheat bread, put horseradish on one side for The Dad and I, piled on the leftover meat that I shredded, and put it in the oven to get the bread nice and toasted.  Once it was good to go, I pulled them out of the oven and poured gravy on top.  Knife and fork sammies.  Mmmmm.
We had them with applesauce and the leftover veggies from the roast.

This is by no means a "pretty" meal, but it is all kinds of delicious.

Here's dinner on my plate:






3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wonder if this is even better than the first night with the roast. Looks melt in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite meals ever!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover