Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

I know a lot of my dessert posts would beg to differ, but I'm not a huge sweets person.  Especially not first thing in the morning.  But these pancakes have been floatin' around blog land and Pinterest for awhile now and I knew the rest of the fam would be on board.  I printed the recipe off weeks ago and finally busted them out this morning.  Click here for the recipe.

There are three components:  The batter, the filling and the icing.  Once you get those whipped up, these pancakes come together quick.  They would have been done faster if I hadn't let the filling bowl slip out of my hands and onto the floor.  I spent the next 15 minutes, sweeping, vacuuming and mopping up the mess.  You'll probably wanna skip that step.

I did mine on a large electric skillet so I could cook them all at once.  The recipe made six large pancakes, so if you're feeding a crowd, you'll want to adjust the amounts accordingly.

Here they are coming together at my house:





Here's mine on my plate:





They did taste exactly like a cinnamon roll.
For team raisin (which I am not), you could even throw some of those in.
Nuts would be good too, in the batter or sprinkled on top.
Not a bad Sunday morning breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely not on team raisin either, though admitting I'm on team nuts didn't quite sound right. These look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your killin me smalls! Before they were cooked it looks like they all have little smiling faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious - the rest of my family would eat these up in a moment, I'm like you and prefer my sweet after 10 am. Until 11 pm.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover