Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Homegrown Salad

Okay, so my garden here in the Northwest is weeks away from having anything remotely resembling a vegetable for a salad.  But, remember the two pots of of lettuce I planted?  That was on the 24th of May and I harvested enough yesterday to make a salad to take to my sister's house for dinner.

Looky, looky!



I cut up some veggies I had in the fridge and out the door we went.


This is what they scrounged up for us to eat.



I know, right?  
 Steak, chicken and eggplant on the grill.  In addition to the salad, we also had oven roasted potatoes and a yummy bottle of red wine.
 Brownies for dessert.  
 It did not suck at all.

















 

3 comments:

  1. That does it, I'm growing lettuce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling all over my keyboard looking at that salad and BBQ! I just planted bush beans today, but my tomatos and cukes I am growing under plastic, in an attempt to warm and dry things enough so that they actually grow here in SW Washington state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have to say is yummmmmy!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover