Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Double Oat Breakfast Cookies

Last night, The Dad and I were sitting on the couch watching TV and I said aloud, "I want cookies".  He looked at me like, "Well get in the kitchen and make some then".  So I did.

The name alone justifies eating five of them at 7am, right?  I think this recipe came out of the Better Homes magazine.  I made them for the first time about a year ago and it immediately went into the keeper binder.  I'm a sucker for any treat with cereal in it, though.  Kix treats with peanut butter and chocolate?!  I'll eat the entire pan like it's my job.

Before I give you the recipe, I will start by apologizing for not having any in-progress pictures.  My main goal was the finish line - cookies in my mouth.  No time to stop and take pictures.  I did think about it at one point.  Then I said, screw it.  My stalkers are smart cookies (ha ha ha).  They know how to stir cookie dough without a picture tutorial.  

So without further ado, here's the recipe for your own private batch of heaven (disclaimer:  you may not blame me for the 5 pounds you gain after eating them all to yourself):

DOUBLE OAT BREAKFAST COOKIES

1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C water
1 egg
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 C rolled oats
1 C golden raisins and/or chocolate chips (I don't do raisins - I used all chocolate chips)
2 C round toasted oat cereal, such as Cheerios

Preheat oven to 375.  In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds.  Add sugar, baking soda and salt.  Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl.  Beat in water, egg and vanilla until combined.  Beat in flour until combined.  Stir in oats, raisins and/or chocolate chips and cereal.

Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Flatten slightly.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.  Cool on wire rack.  Store in an airtight container up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.

There's a note at the end of the recipe that says it makes 24 (2 cookie) servings.  It made me giggle.  Who eats just TWO cookies?!

Here are the goods:









 


6 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Katie from the Cheerios Facebook team. We love your tastyDouble Oat Breakfast Cookie recipe, they look delicious! We like your post so much we want to share it with our fans on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Cheerios

    Do we have permission to share a link to your post with our 500k+ fans? If so, please let me know by either responding in this comment thread or emailing me directly. Either way, I can't wait to cook these up myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, your e-mail address isn't attached to your profile. :o( If you'd like to e-mail it to me directly or leave it here in the comments, feel free and I'll get back to ya. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mindy, email me here: gretakatie@facebook.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try this with the new Chocolate Cheerios.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delicious! Those cookies look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had the chocolate Cheerios, but I'm thinkin' I need to make a batch with the Multi-Grain ones. I'm addicted to those right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover