Monday, June 13, 2011

Celery Salad with Blue Cheese

It's new recipe night again.  Times two.  This salad and grilled red potatoes.  I'll post the recipe for those as well.

I believe this recipe came out of a Rachael Ray magazine, but I'm not 100% sure.  It's from one of those little inserts that are perforated and can be removed.

In addition to the grilled potatoes, we had cheddar brats as well.

Here's the recipe:

Celery Salad with Blue Cheese

1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
1 bunch celery with leaves, ribs sliced 1/4" thick, leaves reserved *see note*
3/4 C walnuts, coursely chopped
3/4 C crumbled blue cheese

*my ghetto Safeway didn't have celery bunches with a ton of leaves on them.  I used what was there.  I'm sure a nicer store would have fresher produce, which would eliminate the need for them to cut the shriveled up leaves off*

In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.  Whisk in olive oil.


 In a large bowl, combine the celery, 1 1/2 C celery leaves, the walnuts and blue cheese. 




Add the dressing and toss to coat.


This salad was delicious.  I ate half the bowl and the whole time I was thinking it would be so good as a main course with a grilled chicken breast on it.  With some Tabasco.  It would also be really good mixed with shredded chicken and put inside of pocket bread for a sammie.  Yum, yum!

Here's dinner on my plate:











1 comment:

  1. Oh my. This looks great. I am a big fan of blue cheese and the combination of flavors sounds perfect. I will definitely try this one out.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover