Monday, March 14, 2011

Lazy Lasagna

Well, that's what it was going to be anyway.  I'll share the "recipe" and then I'll explain why we won't be partaking.

1 large bag of frozen ravioli, any flavor you like - I prefer cheese
Marinara, homemade or a jar
Mozzarella and  Parmesan - my quantities are not for the faint of heart, so I'll let you decide
Garlic powder
Basil for garnish

Put a layer of sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.  Layer frozen ravioli evenly to cover bottom.  Cover with sauce, garlic powder and cheese.  Repeat until you're out of goodies or at the top of the dish - whichever comes first - ending with cheese.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or so.  Uncover and bake or broil until cheese on top is bubbly and brown.

Throw together a green salad and a some bread, open a bottle of red and there's dinner.

Now, here's the problem:  I pulled two containers (of what I thought were spaghetti sauce) from the freezer this morning and set them on the counter to defrost.  At 4:30, I went to the kitchen to assemble.  I opened the freezer to pull out the ravioli - and then I dug.  And dug.  And pulled everything out.  And put it all back in.  And walked away.  And went back and dug again.  Clearly I was mistaken when I assumed we had some.  Sooooo, I pulled some whole wheat penne from the pantry and started a pot of water to boil instead.  Opened the first container - not marinara.  It's bolognese.  Okay fine, I'll just mix it in with the other one. Opened it up - maybe a half a cup of sauce in it.  Maybe.  The rest was meatballs.  Okey dokey, fine. I'll use some of the pasta water to thin things out a bit.  (Take this as a lesson kids - LABEL YOUR CONTAINERS!)  Anyway, the point of the story is, instead of Lazy Lasagna, we're now having Cheesy Pasta Bake.  I'm laughing out loud right now.  I think this means that I am officially my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover