Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crockpot Granola

I know, right?  I'll admit, I've never made granola.  In a crockpot or the oven.  But I LOVE homemade granola and my daughter has been asking for it ever since we finished off our Christmas stash from Grammy.  So I bought the ingredients this week and decided to give the new recipe a whirl.  Here are all the dry ingredients before stirring in the honey mixture.


I strayed from the original recipe a little and added things we like.

Here's the grand finale, cooling on baking sheets. 



The kids and I dug our fingers in for a taste.  Not bad, but not as good as my mom's.  The technique was easy though, as long as you're willing to babysit it.  It needed to be stirred every 15 minutes or so for three hours - not a set it and forget it crockpot recipe.  The true test will be at breakfast tomorrow morning.  If we can wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover